Patient Safety Heroes Recognized
The Indianapolis Coalition for Patient Safety recognized the winners of its 2013 Patient Safety Hero Awards. The awards are given to individuals or groups at each member hospital that have championed a specific patient safety project. Representatives from member hospitals were recognized for their commitment to safety culture, positive impact on patients, and sustainability. The winners include:
- Franciscan St. Francis Health: Insulin Pen-to-Vial Conversion, Stephanie Heckman, MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, CMSRN; and Paul Strange, M.D.
- St Vincent Health: Executive Safety Physician Program, Niceta Bradburn, M.D.
- Eskenazi Health: Perinatal Simulation Team
- Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center: Suicide Prevention Team, RLR VAMC; Travis Field, LCSW; Christina McNeely, LCSW; and Judi Green, LCSW
- Community Health Network: Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgical Site Infection Team
- IU Health: Flu Vaccination Program, Laurie L. Fish, RN, BSN, CIC
Since being founded in 2003, the Indianapolis Coalition for Patient Safety, ICPS,
provides a forum for Indianapolis-area hospitals to share information about 'best
practices' and work together to solve patient safety issues in Indianapolis and
surrounding county hospitals.
WHO WE ARE
The Indianapolis Coalition for Patient Safety is comprised of chief executive, medical,
nursing, quality, safety, and pharmacy officers from six Indianapolis health systems.
In addition, there is participation by entities such as Eli Lilly, Indiana and Purdue
Universities, the Regenstrief Institute, Inc., Indiana Hospital Association and
HealthCare Excel. The ICPS is a non-profit public charity organization.